Thanks for taking the time to check out the Bartrums Driver Training Program
We are currently recruiting for the scheme to take successful candidates through to their Class C (Class 2) licence.
Due to the high demand for the scheme, we ask that applicants meet the following requirements before they can apply.
- Be 25 years of age or over (preferred not essential)
- Must have held a UK licence for 5 years
- Must hold Provisional LGV Entitlement
- Completed an LGV Medical
- Apply for a digital Tachograph card
- Completed the Theory & Hazard Perception Test
- This is long and complicated process so don’t be concerned if you do not have the necessary requirements at this time. This is the first stage of the journey
- The next step is to get the Medical Examination report D4, The medical certificate D4 needs to be completed by a medical examiner or from your local GP. This will cost £70 + vat (£84) see link below to book online http://www.examinair-norwich.co.uk/driving-medicals/lgv-hgv-driver-medicals/
- The next step is to get the Provisional LGV Entitlement. The LGV entitlement can be obtained from the DSA at no cost, by ordering a Drivers information pack – D2, visit the following website to order yours. https://www.gov.uk/dvlaforms
- Application for a driving licence for a lorry, minibus or bus
- The next step is to get the Theory Test and Hazard Perception Test Complete
- If you wish you can brush up on your skills by trying the mock theory test online
- http://www.safedrivingforlife.info/professionals/i-want-drive-living/i-want-drive-lgv/large-goods-vehicle-lgv-practice-theory-tests This will help get you through the theory test which is a bit like the car test you need this bit before you take the test.
Once you wade through all this we can get you in for an informal chat, again, demand to get onto the scheme is very high so we cannot make any guarantees at this stage.
Have a read through the above and visit the related websites and when you are ready to make a move, give us a ring and we can have a chat about progressing further.